Monday, May 16, 2011

Fun in February 2011



February was a great month at the Thompson house. Between the blizzard, Valentine's Day, Alex's first gymnastics meet and getting my new treadmill, life couldn't be more low key. :)

Valentine's Day was interesting and fun. I tried to make dinner all red for the kids, just for fun. It didn't turn out quite as tastey as I would have liked, but the cake for dessert was pretty cool and the kids gave me credit for trying! :)


Alex's Cub Scout Pack had a fun activity for the birthday of Scouts. They had a birthday cake decorating contest with the dads and boys. Alan and Alex used a gymnastics theme for their cake, using a twinkie for a pommel horse and lifesavers for the rings. They didn't win, but I thought they were very clever.



One of the fun things that Alex and I did together was make a clay lobster for one of his school projects. I helped him form the shape out of clay and he painted it and used pipe cleaners for the antennae. It turned out awesome!! A+



Alex had his first experience participating in a gymnastics meet. He was fantastic. He didn't even seem nervous! I don't know how he does it. Here is his floor routine:





Abby had a big event this month too. She had braces put on. She did really well and should hopefully only have to wear them for 2 years. She looks really cute in them too. I just have to get her to smile nicely for me so I can post a good picture of her with them on. :)

That's all for February. Not much happened! Ha!

No comments: