Neither one of us had done the rowboats, so we decided to see how awesome we are at rowing a boat in the direction we want to go in. I have to say, we were pretty pathetic - but we didn't care!
That afternoon we went to the Broadway show of West Side Story. We had forgotten that it was a sad story of Romeo and Juliette, so in spite of the fact we left the show feeling so sad - it was a stellar performance.
Later that month, of course, was Halloween! I don't like creepy Halloween, but I sure do like fun, scary, cute Halloween. I had been wanting to do a Halloween party for years and I finally convinced Alan this was the year! We had a house full of people and were so busy we barely got any pictures. We had a haunted house in the basement (that I have NO pictures of!!!) Alan gave amazing tours through the dungeon and the kids helped as scary additions behind doors.
We had games, a food contest that was so good and so gross you didn't know if you should eat it:
a costume contest (the Mad Hatter won by a landslide!):
and even father-daughter karaoke!
Overall it was a great party. We will definitely make some improvements for 2011 so it will be even better. By the way, if anyone else took pictures - DO SHARE!! :)
The kids decided to stay home and pass out candy this year instead of going out themselves, but they did look good in their costumes. Here's Abby in part of her Power Puff Girl costume with her friend Sophie, the genie:
And Alex was a Ninja and loved posing for his close ups:
I was a green witch (no pictures!) and Alan was Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Next year I will be better at getting the pictures!



No comments:
Post a Comment